The founder-chairman of Dr Reddy’s Labs, Dr. Kallam Anji Reddy passed away
- Founder-chairman of Dr Reddy’s Labs, which he established in 1984
- Chairman of Dr Reddy’s Foundation (DRF), the corporate social responsibility arm of the group, established 1996.
- Padmabhushan awardee
- He helped establish India’s reputation as a supplier of inexpensive medicines to the world.
About Dr Reddy’s Laboratories:
- India’s second-largest pharmaceutical company by market capitalisation (Rs 31,000 crore).
- First Indian company to take up drug discovery research in India (in 1993). In 1993, Dr Reddy’s Research Foundation was created to help the company’s drug discovery programme and established an elaborate R&D organization in Cambridge, United Kingdom, under Chirotech Technology.
- First Indian pharmaceutical company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2001. Dr Reddy’s Labs also became the first Asian pharmaceutical company outside Japan to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange.