Tiruchirapalli city wins Behavioural Change Communication Award
Tiruchirapalli city in Tamil Nadu has won best city performer in Behavioral change Communication Award.
The award was bestowed upon Trichy city commissioner Vijayalakshmi from Union Minister of urban Development Venkaiah Naiadu in the Swach Sarvekshan function.
- Tiruchirapalli city has shown the way in cleanliness and hygiene.
- It also is open defecation free city and strictly follows effective solid waste management. Special awareness was created to tell people to use public toilets and individual toilets.
- The city has ranked third in clean city award and is among the 15 leader cities along with Mysuru (1st), Chandigarh (2nd) and New Delhi (4th).
- City corporation workers are also doing a commendable job to keep city clean by removing solid waste on time from waste boxes.
- Solid waste management initiatives implemented in city also have been applauded by the Union Urban Development Ministry.
Categories: Awards Current Affairs 2017