Trident Group first corporate to pay salaries via Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB)
Diversified business house Trident Group became the first corporate to use Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) for payment of salaries to its employees. The facility launched in the presence of Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Chairman Nandan Nilekani.
About Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB)
- A system that facilitates seamless transfer of payments to Aadhaar Enabled Bank Account (AEBA).
- It’s a payment gateway platform created by National Payments Corporation of India.
- used for the first time on January 1, 2013, when Direct Benefit Transfer was launched by central government for disbursal of entitlements.
- Aadhaar numbers leveraged implementation of several central and state government programmes, including 28 Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) schemes for central sector in 121 districts, and DBT for Liquefied Petroleum Gas (DBTL) in 184 districts.
- UIDAI issues Aadhaar to residents i.e. a unique number, used as proof of address as well as identity by the service provides in public as well as private sector like banks and telecom companies.
Trident Group, (formerly Abhishek Industries), is a textile manufacturing company based in Punjab, India. Its into many sectors including chemical, paper, energy, information technology and textile.