UNESCO to publish Guru Nanak Dev’s writing in world languages
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has decided to translate and publish an anthology of writings of Baba Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of Sikhism (and also 1st of 10 Sikh Guru) in world languages to commemorate 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.
Also, National Book Trust (NBT) will publish Gurbani (various compositions by Sikh Gurus and other writers of Guru Granth Sahib) in different Indian Languages.
The year 2019 mark 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev. Thus to promulgate the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev, Government of India is also holding a series of events and has initiated many projects which include-
- Construction of Kartarpur Corridor from Dera Baba Nanak in Punjab’s Gurdaspur district to international border
- Development of the historic town of Sultanpur Lodhi as a heritage town on smart city principle
- Upgradation of Sultanpur Lodhi railway station
- Release of commemorative coins and postage stamps
- Setting up of a Centre for Inter Faith Studies at Guru Nanak Dev University, among others
Categories: Art & Culture