Union Budget Session will begin on February 23
The Budget Session of Parliament will begin on 23 February 2015.
Railway Budget will be presented on 26 February, while Economic Survey on 27 February.
It will be first full-year General Budget of the NDA government under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It will be presented on 28 February 2015.
These dates were announced by the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs that met under the chairmanship of Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu.
- Budget is a statement of the estimates receipts and expenditure of Union Government in a financial year.
- Constitutional provisions of Budget are mentioned Article 112. It should be noted that word Budget is not mentioned in Constitution rather it is referred as ‘Annual Financial Statement’.
- Budget is presented in two parts namely: The Railway Budget and the General Budget.
- Railway Budget: It is estimates of receipts and expenditure of Ministry of Railways only .
- General Budget: It is estimates of receipts and expenditure of all Ministries of Union Government.
Categories: Economy & Banking Current Affairs