Union Cabinet approves India, Maldives MoU for cooperation in field of tourism
The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Union Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Tourism of Government of Maldives.
The MoU was signed to strengthen cooperation in the field of tourism and under it Maldives will be instrumental in increasing arrival from this important source market.
Objectives of MoU
- Expand bilateral cooperation between both countries in the tourism sector.
- Exchange data and information related to tourism sector.
- Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders, including tour operators and hotels.
- Establish exchange programme for cooperation in tourism sector in Human Resources Development.
- Exchange visits of Tour Operators/Opinion Makers/ Media for promotion of two-way tourism.
- Exchange of experiences in the areas of promotion, destination development, marketing and management of tourism.
- Promote safe honourable and sustainable tourism and participate in travel exhibitions/ fairs in each other’s country.