Union Cabinet approves MoU between India and Kenya in the field of National Housing Policy Development and Management
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Kenya on cooperation in the field of National Housing Policy Development and Management (NHPDM).
The MoU was signed between both countries in July 2016 at Nairobi during the visit of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to 5 African nations.
Under the MoU
- Both sides will collaborate on all matters relating to human settlements and housing through various strategies including training of personnel, exchange visits,exhibitions, conferences and workshops.
- The cooperation between both nations will focus on upscaling slum prevention and upgradation initiatives based on experience and implementation process of each country.
- They will collaborate on development and sharing of information on real estate and housing data base including market trends, investment opportunities and best practices.
- It will encourage technical cooperation between both countries in facilitating access to affordable housing from locally available building materials.
- It will also encourage technical cooperation between both countries in development of Government and Public employee facilitated housing.
- This would be useful to explore ways of a delivery model towards Government employees housing scheme by private sector players.