Union Cabinet approves MoU between India, Singapore to give a boost to Innovation, Creativity and Technological Advancement
The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Industrial Property Cooperation.
The MoU will be signed at the upcoming official state visit of Singapore’s Prime Minister to India from 4 to 7 October, 2016.
- The MoU will be signed between India’s Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) and the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS).
- It will enhance bilateral cooperation activities in the arena of Industrial Property Rights of Patents, Trademarks and Industrial Designs.
- It is also intended to give a boost to creativity, innovation and technological advancement in both regions.
- The MoU will also facilitate exchange of best practices, experiences and knowledge on IP awareness among the public, educational institutions and businesses of both countries.
- It will also facilitate exchange of best practices, experiences and knowledge on IP with industry, universities, R&D organizations and Small and Medium Enterprises.
- It will enhance cooperation in the development of automation and implementation of modernization projects.