Union Cabinet approves MoU between India and Tanzania in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy
The Union Cabinet has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Tanzania in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
The MoU will facilitate structured frame work for the cooperation between both countries for the promotion of Indian Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy in Tanzania.
The Union Ministry of AYUSH will provide the financial resources necessary to conduct research, training courses and meetings through its existing plan schemes and budget.
- The MoU was signed as part of Union Ministry of AYUSH’s mandate to propagate Indian systems of Medicine globally.
- So far India has signed MoUs with several other countries including China, Hungary, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Nepal, etc.
- India is blessed with well-developed systems of traditional medicine and homeopathy including medicinal plants, which hold tremendous potential in the global health scenario.
- Traditional Medicine is an important element of life of Tanzanian people and is mainly used as first aid or stop-gap measure before the patient is referred to modern health facilities.
- Tanzania is an important East African country and has historical ties with India. It has substantial population of around 70 thousand Indian diaspora.
- Traditionally, Tanzania and India have enjoyed close, friendly and co-operative bilateral relations.
- In recent years, their bilateral relations have been marked by close contacts at the highest political level including cooperation in the field of medicine and health.
Categories: Governance & Politics