Union Cabinet gives nod to agreement between India and Egypt on Maritime Transport
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of an agreement on Maritime Transport between India and Egypt.
Decision in this regard was taken at Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
The agreement seeks to
- Strengthen cooperation in the field of merchant shipping and other matters related maritime transport between both countries.
- Encourage the development maritime relationship between both countries and mutually cooperate to enhance and stimulate steady growth of maritime traffic.
- Facilitate training and exchange of staff and students between both countries from various maritime establishments.
- Boost exchange of information necessary for facilitating and accelerating the flow of commercial goods in the sea and at the ports.
- Facilitate establishment of joint ventures (JVs) in the fields of maritime transportation, maritime training, shipbuilding and repairs, IT including development of simulators, port facilities and related maritime activities, etc.