Union Cabinet gives nod to MoU on Renewable Energy with Mozambique
The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Mozambique in field of renewable energy.
Decision in this regard was taken by Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
The MoU was signed between both nations in August, 2015, during the official visit of President of Mozambique Filipe Nyusi to India.
- The objective of MoU is to establish the basis for a cooperative institutional relationship to encourage between both countries and strengthen bilateral cooperation.
- It also seeks to promote technical bilateral cooperation, investment promotion and partnership in the field of new and renewable energy issues.
- The areas of cooperation in the MoU will focus on development of new and renewable energy technologies in the field of conducting on-the-job and specialized training courses.
- It will also promote Research & development (R&D) and of technology transfer in the field of renewable energy between both countries.
- Both countries will focus on solar, wind, biomass, biofuels and geothermal and establish a bilateral private sector renewable energy platform.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017