Union Government approves 500 crore rupee projects for development of tourism in Jammu and Kashmir
The Union Ministry of Tourism has approved projects worth 500 crore rupees for integrated development of tourism in Jammu and Kashmir under Swadesh Darshan scheme.
The projects were approved by Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee for the scheme as part of Development Package of Prime Minister Reconstruction Plan.
- The new projects are envisaged at tourist infrastructural development in Jammu and Kashmir.
- They include Baramulla-Kupwara-Leh, Mantalai – Sudhmahadev – Patnitop Circuit, Rajouri – Bafliyaz – Shopian – Pulwama Circuit and Anantnag-Kishtwar- Pahalgam – Daksum – Ranjit Sagar Dam Circuit.
- The projects also involve developing a Convention Centre in Gulmarg and Patnitop, development of Ethnic Villages, Development of Water Sports Centre at Baghliyar Dam – Pool Doda.
- Nearly 100 crore rupees have been approved for integrated development of tourist facilities in lieu of damaged assets in the September 2014 floods.
- Other major interventions proposed in the circuits include last mile connectivity, tourist facilitation and interpretation centre, base camps for trekking.
- Besides it will also facilitation centre for pilgrims for Amarnath Yatra, Sound and Light Show at Shalimar Bag, illumination of heritage structures, provision of eco friendly vehicles.