Union Government approves various highway projects worth Rs 8,600 crore
Union Government has approved various highway projects in states of Uttar Pradesh, Odisha and Chhattisgarh worth over Rs 8,600 crore. The work for these approved road projects will be under the National Highways Development Project (NHDP) Phase-V.
This decision was taken by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Decisions taken by CCEA
- Uttar Pradesh- Approved six-laning of the Handia-Varanasi section of National Highway. This project’s cost is estimated to be Rs 2378.59 crore and total length of the road will be approximately 72.4 kms.
- Odisha– Approved six-laning of Baleshwar-Chandikhole section of National Highway. The project cost is estimated to be Rs 2296.82 crore and total length of the road will be approximately 137 kms.
- Chhattisgarh- approved development of four to six laning of the Raipur-Bilaspur section of National Highway. The cost is estimated to be Rs 1,963.88 crore and total length of the road will be approximately 127 kms.
Other Decisions taken by CCEA
- Approved the continuation of the incentive scheme for marketing and promotion services of raw sugar production during current sugar season of 2014-15. This approval has been given for quantity of 14 lakh Metric tonne.
- CCEA also fixed uniform rate of 4000 rupees per metric tonne for this season. The decision will help sugar mills to clear the cane price dues of the farmers.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking