Union Government constitutes cyber cell to check online abuse and harassment of women
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has constituted a cyber-cell to check the online abuse and harassment of women and children on social media platforms.
Announcement in this regard was made by Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi in New Delhi.
- The WCD Ministry has advised women and children to send their complaints, if they are being abused or harassed on social media platforms using the hashtag #IamTrolledHelp.
- The cyber-cell was constituted in the wake of reported increase in abuse or harassment of women on social media.
- Besides, WCD Ministry will be working with Twitter India to address abusive behaviour, violent threats (direct or indirect), harassment on social media
- They will also be working together for the empowerment of women and children to deal with abuse, harassment and hateful conduct on social media.
- The complaints received by the WCD Ministry, which are of a grave nature will be reported to Twitter India for necessary action.
- The Ministry will also be working with the Cyber-crime Cells of the police, wherever required.