Union Government launches Coal Mitra portal to facilitate flexibility in utilization of domestic coal
The Union Ministry of Coal has launched Coal Mitra, a web portal for allowing flexibility in utilization of domestic Coal.
It was launched by Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal in New Delhi.
- The Coal Mitra Web Portal aims at optimum utilisation by private as well as public power companies of the coal.
- It facilitates transfer of the coal reserves to more cost efficient State/Centre owned or Private sector generating stations.
- The portal allows coal swapping between PSUs and the Private Sector in transparent manner and also helps to reduce operational and logistic costs, bringing power tariffs down for the consumers.
- It facilitates state/Central Gencos to display information about normative fixed and variable charges of electricity for the previous month.
- They can also display margin available for additional generation so as to enable the utilities identify stations for transfer of coal.
- It will host data on Quantity and source of supply coal to the power plant, Operational and Financial parameters of each coal based station and Distance of Power plant form the Coal mine.
Categories: Environment & Biodiversity