Union Government launches ePACE, INFRACON and up-Scaled INAM PRO for Road Transport Sector
The Union Government has launched three IT and ITES initiatives for best practices in road transport sector. They are INFRACON, ePACE and up-Scaled INAM PRO.
They were launched by the Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari as part of the Digital India Programme.
These innovative IT initiatives were developed in house by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL). They aimed at making the road building procedure faster, more transparent and more efficient.
- ePACE (Projects Appraisal & Continuing Enhancements): It is an online integrated Management Information System (MIS) portal.
- It will bring projects from all wings of the Union Transport Ministry under a common platform, for ensuring their effective and real time tracking.
- It will provide information like real time status, fund utilization etc of more than 2000 projects being executed by multiple agencies.
- It has facility of GIS interface to enable easy geo-tracking of the projects. It also has facility to allow validation of checks to prevent wrongful entries, making it difficult to fudge figures.
- INFRACON: It is National Portal for Infrastructure Consultancy Firms and Key Personnel.
- It will act as a linking bridge between consultancy firms working in road engineering and construction sector and domain experts and key personnel deployed for project preparation and supervision.
- The portal will host the credentials of consultancy firms and also of key personnel and shall have linkages to Aadhar and Digi-locker for data validation and purity.
- INAM PRO: It is a web-based application for Infrastructure and Material Providers launched in March 2015.
- It is web based single market place that will bring together material suppliers/providers and the prospective buyers on a common platform.
- Facilitate cement buyers engaged in executing construction of roads, highways and bridge to order cement online with the registered cement companies at competitive rates.
- It will help the Ministry to track and monitor the activities of buyers and suppliers, and remove impediments of both the parties.