Union Government launches KVK portal for monitoring of farm centres
The Union Government has launched Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) portal (http://kvk.icar.gov.in). It was launched by Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh in New Delhi.
The portal aims to provide information and advisory to the farmers and facilitate online monitoring of the KVK activities.
Features of Portal
- Provides provisions for online monitoring of KVKs.
- Reporting of major events of KVKs on regular basis and submission of monthly reports online.
- Provide information on different services being provided by different KVKs.
- Provide weather and market related information to the farmers and others.
- Government’s forthcoming programmes will also be available on it.
- It will help create awareness about various programmes and benefit farmers and youth in joining different training programmes being organized by KVKs.
- Question and answer facility is available for the farmers on the portal. Agriculture related information of the districts is available.
- Agricultural Officers and the farmers may register themselves and seek different informations related to KVKs.
The mandate of KVK is technology assessment and demonstration for its application and capacity development. At present there are 645 KVKs operational in the country.