Union Government launches Portal to collect Non-Tax Receipts
Union Government has launched has launched Non-Tax Receipt Portal (NTRP) to electronically collect non-tax receipts.
It was launched by Union Finance minister Arun Jaitley as part of Union Government’s flagship Digital India campaign.
Currently, non-tax revenues are collected by physical instruments such as bank draft or cheque or cash. This portal will reduce a lot of manual work now.
- NTRP has been developed by the Office of Controller General of Accounts (CGA) and the Union Finance Ministry.
- It provides a one-stop platform to citizens or corporates or other users to make online payment of non-tax receipts to the Union government.
- It also provides in a completely secured IT environment to common users/citizens from the hassle of visiting bank premises. It will help to avoid delays
- A depositor can make e-payment to the Government using either a Debit Card, Credit Card or through Net Banking with the help of Payment Gateway Aggregator (PGA).
- The non-tax revenues mainly includes dividends, spectrum charges, interest receipts, royalty, licence fee, sale of forms and application fees under the RTI Act.
- The annual collection of non-tax receipts amounts to over 2 lakh crore rupees and during fiscal 2016 government budget aims to collect it over 2.21 trillion rupees as non-tax receipts.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018