Union Government launches portal Madad to redress consular grievances
Union Government has launched Consular Grievances Monitoring portal named MADAD (Help)– Because You Are Us.
MADAD an e-portal will help Indian citizens living abroad to file consular grievances online on the services offered by the Indian Missions and Posts abroad.
It was launched by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj at the MEA headquarters in New Delhi.
Features of MADAD
- MADAD allows direct registration of the grievances by the members of the public and effective monitoring of the grievance handling process thereafter, until it is redressed.
- It incorporates several innovative features including flexible architecture to handle a variety of grievances, linking of similar grievances on the basis of passport number to avoid duplication and automatic escalation and enhancement of priority.
- It will also help to speed up forwarding and handling of complaints, improve tracking and redressal and escalate unresolved cases.
- The authorities will be assigned responsibility through a colour-coded dashboard. This dashboard will change its colour if the response in not given in a stipulated time.
- It also has colour code system of red-amber-green pattern. It will keep check on performances of authorities in redressing grievances. The green colour indicates cases are cleared, while the pending cases will be indicated in red colour.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017