Union Government launches Swachh Paryatan mobile app
Union Government has launched ‘Swachh Parayatan’ mobile application to keep tourist places clean.
It was launched by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi.
- The project is being implemented by the Union Ministry of Tourism through Delhi eGovernance Society (DeGS) and National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Initially the application facility will be available for 25 Adarsh Smarak Monuments protected by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The mobile app will be monitored by the project monitoring unit of Swachh Bharat Mission in the Union Ministry of Tourism.
- This mobile app will enable citizens, tourists to take photograph of garbage seen at the monument and upload it on the app along with his or her remarks.
- On uploading images and remarks in the app, it will send an SMS to the ASI Nodal Officer concerned with the monument to take further action to clean the garbage.
- Thereafter, the Nodal Officer will send confirmation about the redressal of the complaint through an SMS.
- Initially this application will be available only on Android Phones and later it will be made available on Apple and Microsoft platforms.