Union Government launches toll free number for postal complaints
The Union Government has launched a toll free number ‘1924’ to registered postal complaints. The service has been launched Department of Posts (DoP).
It was launched after Government had introduced Twitter Sewa for redressal of telecom and postal grievances.
- Initially, the service will be operational for 12 hours on working days between 0800 hrs to 2000 hrs.
- The service will address complaints within 24 hours unless they are related to policy matters.
- It will be available in three languages viz. Hindi, English and Malayalam. In future, the service will start services in all scheduled languages.
- The complaints received on the toll free number will be registered in Computerised Customer Care (CCC) Centre portal by the operators at the Dak Bhawan.
- Besides, while registering the complaint 11 digits ticket number would be provided to the complainants.
- If the complaint is already registered, the operators will provide the status of complaint to as viewed in CCC portal.