Union Government launches website Shipping Samvad
Union Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways on 3 March 2015 launched a website Shipping Samvad.
It was launched by Union Minister of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi.
- Website’s objective is to invite innovative ideas and suggestions from general public and experts related to Indian maritime sector for improvements in the ports, shipping and inland waterways sector.
- The ideas and suggestions submitted by public and experts will be further examined for implementation by Ministry of Shipping.
- The workable ideas and suggestions received through website will be published on this website. Union Ministry of Shipping will also select the best five contributions in the year.
- Apart from this, Ministry will also upload the draft policies and new initiatives from time to time on the website for the valuable suggestions and feedback from the citizen.
- It will also help Ministry of Shipping in bringing transparency and blue revolution in the country.
- It will engage the experts and common public in the development of Shipping, Ports and Inland Waterways in India and will provide impetus to the Ministry of Shipping in its efforts.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018