Union Government launches website Shipping Samvad
Union Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways on 3 March 2015 launched a website Shipping Samvad.
It was launched by Union Minister of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari in New Delhi.
- Website’s objective is to invite innovative ideas and suggestions from general public and experts related to Indian maritime sector for improvements in the ports, shipping and inland waterways sector.
- The ideas and suggestions submitted by public and experts will be further examined for implementation by Ministry of Shipping.
- The workable ideas and suggestions received through website will be published on this website. Union Ministry of Shipping will also select the best five contributions in the year.
- Apart from this, Ministry will also upload the draft policies and new initiatives from time to time on the website for the valuable suggestions and feedback from the citizen.
- It will also help Ministry of Shipping in bringing transparency and blue revolution in the country.
- It will engage the experts and common public in the development of Shipping, Ports and Inland Waterways in India and will provide impetus to the Ministry of Shipping in its efforts.