Union Government releases Indian Intellectual Property Panorama
Union Government has released Indian Intellectual Property (IP) Panorama to increase awareness and build sensitivity towards IP in the SME sector, academia and researchers
The IP Panorma is a single window interface for information on IP and guidance on leveraging it for competitive advantage. It can be accessed at http://ict-ipr.in/index.php/ip-panorama.
- The Indian IP Panorama is a customized version of IP Panorama Multimedia toolkit developed by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) and Korea Invention Promotion Association (KIPA).
- The toolkit has been adapted to cater to start-ups and SMEs especially India’s ICTE sector based on an agreement signed between DeitY and WIPO.
- Thus, the Indian IP Panorama is a customized version of WIPO’s original product has been framed in accordance with Indian IP laws, standards and needs of the Indian ICTE sector.
- 5 modules of the Indian IP Panorama: (i) Importance of IP for SMEs, (ii) Trademark, (iii) Industrial design, (iv) Invention and Patent and (v) Patent Information.
- Developed under the aegis of: Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in close coordination with the Indian IP office.
World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO): It is the global body for promotion and protection of intellectual property rights (IPR), headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. It encourages and provides assistance to all its 188 member countries in formulating a national IPR policy however it does not dictate or prescribe any mandatory measures. India is a member of WIPO and party to several treaties administered by WIPO.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking