Union Health Ministry releases National Health Profile 2015
Ministry Health and Family Welfare has released National Health Profile (NHP) 2015, which provides comprehensive information related to health sector.
The 11th edition of the document has been prepared by Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI) and for first time was released in e-book (digital) version in lines with Digital India initiative.
It was released by Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda in New Delhi.
- NHP focuses on key health information under six major indicators viz. demographic, socio-economic, health finance and health status indicators, comprehensive information on health infrastructure and human resources in health in India.
- Demographic indicators: gives information about population statistics and vital statistics.
- Socio-economic indicators: gives the information on education; Economic indicators, Employment, Social Indicators, Drinking Water and Sanitation and Housing and Amenities.
- Health Status Indicators: gives information related to incidence and prevalence of common Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases.
- It also provides a short overview of National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardio-vascular Disease and Stroke (NPCDCS) and vital information of Reproductive and Child Health of respective states and UTs
- Health Finance: gives an overview of Public Expenditure on Health, Health Coverage and Insurance, Household Out of Pocket Expenditure (OOP) on Health, Public Expenditure on Health with International Comparison, External Assistance to Government for Health Sector Programmes along with Explanatory notes on Health Data.
- Human Resources: gives an overview of availability of human resource or manpower working in the Health Sector in the country.
- Health Infrastructure: gives detailed information of various medical institutes in the country including of medical and dental Colleges, Nursing Courses, AYUSH Institutes and Paramedical Courses apart from admissions to BDS and MDS Courses.
It should be noted that CBHI has been publishing National Health Profile annually since 2005. Data in the NHP helps in deciding direction of future course, strengths and weaknesses in the health sector of the country.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018