Union HRD Ministry launches Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan
Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan (VISAKA) was launched by the Union Ministry for Human Resource Development (HRD) to make people aware about cashless economic system.
It was launched by Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi. It is campaign by Higher Educational institutions for digital econmy.
- VISAKA aims to create awareness among people about digital economy and cashless modes of transactions
- It was launched on line with Prime Minister’s appeal to youth in ‘Mann Ki Baat’ for creating awareness for making India digital and cashless economy.
- Under it, young students and faculty members will be roped to encourage and motivate people to use a digitally enabled cashless economic system for transfer of fund.
- For active participation of youth and faculty, HRD Minister also launched a webpage where students can register themselves.
- On this website, students and faculty members also can provide their feedback and suggestions on the initiative as well as upload the progress of their work.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018