Union Ministry of AYUSH releases Yog Geet for 2016 International Yoga Day
The Union Ministry of AYUSH Ministry has released a Yog Geet (Yoga song) for celebrating the second International Yoga Day on 21 June 2016.
The Yoga song was selected from the 1,000 entries were received through a national-level competition organised by the AYUSH Ministry.
Facts about Yog Geet
- It is the three-minute-15-seconds song in Hindi short-listed based on the better lyrics.
- It has been produce and written by Dheeraj Saraswat. Music Director of the song was Sumanto Ray.
- It has been voiced by Gandhar T. D. Jadhav and Ms. Gatha Jadhav. The song also has backup vocals of Santosh Kshatriya and Sumanto Ray.
- The AYUSH Ministry had organised National level competition for selection of a Yog Geet as part of celebration of 2nd International Yoga Day. About 1,000 entries were received in this competition.
- The Ministry had short-listed 19 songs based on criteria laid down by it for selection of song and considering the relevance of the song on the recommendations of Committee constituted for the selection of the Yog geet.
- Further these short-listed songs were referred to the Committee OF Yoga Experts constituted for the celebration of 2016 International Yoga Day under the chairmanship of Dr. H. R. Nagendra.