Union Ministry of Railways constitutes Kaya Kulp council
Union Ministry of Railways has constituted ‘Kaya kulp’ Council, an innovation council for Indian Railways. The council was constituted by Union Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu in order to fulfill the promise made in the Railway Budget Speech.
The council also seeks to re-engineer business and introduce a spirit of innovation in Indian Railways
Eminent industrialist and former chairman of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata will head the KayaKalp council.
- Purpose of the Council- To recommend innovative methods and processes for the improvement, betterment and transformation of the Indian Railways.
- The council will act as a standing body and will interact with all stakeholders and other interested parties.
- Members- The Council initially will have following members
- Shiv Gopal Mishra, General Secretary of All Indian Railwaymen’s Federation (AIRF).
- M. Raghavaiah, General Secretary of National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR).
- While the other members of the Council will be announced in due course.