Usain Bolt regains 100-meter gold at worlds
Six-time Olympic gold medalist, Usain Bolt, regained World 100 meter title as he won the race in 9.77 seconds at the IAAF World Athletics Championships held in Moscow. Bolt finished ahead of Justin Gatlin of the U.S. (9.85) and Jamaican Nesta Carter (9.95).
Bolt had previously won the event at the World championships in Berlin in 2009 where he set the current world record of 9.58 seconds.
Other Winners at IAAF World Athletics Championship 2013:
- Olympic decathlon champion Ashton Eaton of the U.S. won gold in the event.
- Olympic winner Brittney Reese of the U.S. won the women’s long jump for the third consecutive time with a leap of 7.01 meters.
- Tirunesh Dibaba of Ethiopia won the women’s 10,000 meter title for the third time.
- Sandra Perkovic of Croatia won the women’s discus.
- Aleksandr Ivanov of Russia won the men’s 20-kilometer walk.