Usha Ananthasubramanian becomes the first Chief of Bharatiya Mahila Bank – India’s first all women Bank
Prior to her appointment in BMB, she was an Executive Director with Punjab National Bank (PNB).
About Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB)
- Objective: Focus on the banking needs of the women and promote economic empowerment. It will also address the gender related issues and will be helpful in financial inclusion.
- India’s first all-women public sector bank; expected to be formally launched on November 19, 2013.
- First 6 branches at Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Indore and Guwahati.
- Government approved Rs 1,000-crore seed capital for the bank in Budget 2013-14
- Headquarter of Bharatiya Mahila Bank: Delhi.
- CMD: Usha Ananthasubramanian