Veteran actor Pran passed away
Legendary Bollywood actor and Dadasaheb Phalake Award winner Pran Krishan Sikand (83), popularly known as Pran, passed away.
About Pran Krishan Sikand:
Born: February 12, 1920 in Ballimaran, Kotgarh Old Delhi, into a wealthy Punjabi family. He won his first role in Dalsukh M. Pancholi’s Punjabi film Yamla Jat (1940).
- Did hits such as as Half Ticket , Ram aur Shyam , Zanjeer ,Johny Mera Naam and Karz.
- Played roles in more than 350 films from 1942 – 2007 and was popular as a movie villain and character actor in Hindi cinema.
- Won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award in 1967, 1969 and 1972.
- Honored with the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 1997.
- Awarded as the ‘Villain of the Millennium’ by Stardust in 2000.
- The Government of India conferred on him the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2013 for his contributions towards Indian cinema.
Categories: Persons in News 2017