Veteran Bollywood actress Sadhna passes away
Veteran Bollywood actress Sadhna Shivdasani (mononymously known as Sadhana) passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She was 74.
She was renowned for his style statement and acting prowess in Bollywood in the 1960s and 70s.
- Sadhana Shivdasani was born on September 2, 1941 in Karachi (now in Pakistan) in then British India.
- She was highest paid actress in Hindi cinema from 1962-65 with Vyjanthimal and the third highest paid with Nanda from 1970-1973.
- Her debut in Bollywood was with the film Shree 420 as Chorus girl. She has worked in films like Love in Simla, Parakh, Hum Dono, Waqt, Woh Kaun Thi.
- Her fringe haircut was famously known as the Sadhna cut inspired from British actress Audrey Hepburn at that time.
- Awards and Honours: She was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by IIFA in 2002.
Categories: Persons in News