Veteran Malayalam actor Mala Aravindan passes away
Veteran Malayalam actor Mala Aravindan has passed away in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. He was 76.
He was best known for his work as a comedian, character artist in Malayalam films and was also noted theatre personality. He was also the president of the Association of Malayalam Movie Artists (AMMA).
About Mala Aravindan
- He was born in 1941 at Vadavucode in Ernakulam, Kerala.
- Career: He had started his career as a tabla artist with the vibrant travelling professional theatre groups.
- He began his acting career in the plays of National Theatres, Kottayam, and later associated with theatre groups such as Natakasala and Suryasoma.
- His made debut as actor in 1968 by acting in film Sindhooram, directed by Balakrishnan. Since then he has acted in over 400 films.
- Awards: He has won the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi’s award for the best actor for his role in Sooryasoma’s play Nidhi.