Veteran singer Bombay S Kamal passes away
Veteran singer and music composer Bombay S. Kamal passed away on 17 March 2015 in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala at the age of 85. He was suffering from respiratory ailments.
In past six decades, he had active presence in the field of music especially in Malayalam film music.
About Bombay S. Kamal
- He was born in Mumbai. Kamal had received attention as singer since the age of 7 by singing Mohammed Rafi hits.
- In 1950’s, he moved to Kerala and settled in Kozhikode district after an acquaintance with iconic composer and director M.S. Baburaj.
- In his career he had composed songs for 13 films. His debut as music composer was in the film Nilavilakku in 1986. He also had composed songs for films including Aksharathram (1991), Sheershakam (1991), Police Diary (1992) and Shanthi Nilayam.
- Kamal was also active in the world of music by singing for albums and gana melas.
- He is recipient of inaugural Swaralaya Guruvandanam Award in 2012.