Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain appointed as Chief of Staff of Eastern Naval Command
Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain took over as the Chief of Staff of the Visakhapatnam headquartered Eastern Naval Command.
He succeeds Vice Admiral Bimal Verma who has been transferred as Commander-in-Chief of Andaman & Nicobar Command at Port Blair.
About Atul Kumar Jain
- In the course of his distinguished career, Vice Admiral Jain has held various Operational and Staff Command Appointments in the Indian Navy.
- He was commissioned in the Indian Navy in 1982 and post specialisation in Gunnery and Missile Warfare and had worked on missile destroyers IN Ships Ranvijay and Ranvir.
- He is an alumnus of the Sainik School (Rewa), Defence Services Staff College (Wellington, Ooty), National Defence Academy (Pune), College of Naval Warfare (Mumbai) and National Defence College (Pretoria, South Africa).
- He also has commanded missile corvettes Nirghat, Khukri, missile destroyer INS Rajput and indigenously built stealth destroyer INS Mysore.
- Amongst his important ashore appointments, he had served as Director Naval Intelligence (Protocol), Principal Director Staff Requirement at Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) and Director Foreign Liaison.
- Awards and Honours: For his distinguished service, he has been awarded with Vishisht Seva Medal (2009) and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (2015).
Categories: Persons in News 2017