Vigilance Awareness Week – 2018
The Central Vigilance Commission observes the Vigilance Awareness Week every year during the week in which birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31st October) falls. The 2018 Vigilance Awareness Week is being observed from 29th October to 3rd November, 2018.
Theme of the Week
The theme of Vigilance Awareness Week-2018 is
- Eradicate Corruption-Build a New India (in English)
- भ्रष्टाचार मिटाओ- नयाभारत बनाओ (in Hindi)
The CVC has asked various central government ministries and organizations to conduct relevant activities during this week. Some of the activities include:
- Taking Integrity Pledge by all employees
- Distribution of pamphlets/handouts on preventive vigilance activities, whistle blower mechanism and other anti-corruption measures
- Conducting workshops and sensitization programmes for employees and other stake holders on policies/procedures of the organization and preventive vigilance measures
- Publication of journals/newsletters on vigilance issues, systemic improvements and good practices adopted for wider dissemination and awareness, conducting various competitions such as debates, quiz etc. for the employees and their families on issues relating to anti-corruption and the use of organizational websites for dissemination of employees/customer oriented information.
Further, there will be outreach activities for public/citizens including display of hoardings, banners, posters and distribution of handouts etc. at prominent locations/places in offices/field units and also at places with public interface , organization of grievance redressal camps for citizens/customers by organizations having customer oriented services/activities and the taking of the online “Integrity Pledge” developed by the Commission.
Integrity Clubs in Schools
One of the highlights of the week will be establishment of Integrity Clubs in the schools and colleges to cultivate ethical values in the leaders of tomorrow.
Awareness Gram Sabhas
The objective of Awareness Gram Sabhas is to sensitize the rural citizens about the ill-effects of corruption. In 2017, 67,131 such Gram Sabhas were organized during the Vigilance Awareness Week.