VP Singh Badnore sworn in as Punjab Governor
VP Singh Badnore (69) has sworn in as the new Governor Punjab and also as Administrator of Chandigarh.
He was administered the oath of office by Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice SJ Vazifdar at oath taking ceremony held in Punjab Raj Bhawan Chandigarh.
He succeeds Kaptan Singh Solanki, who is the Governor of Haryana and was holding additional charge of Punjab Governor and Administrator of Chandigarh since January 2015.
About VP Singh Badnore
- VP Singh Badnore belongs to Bhilwara in Rajasthan. He is as an agriculturist, environmentalist, social worker, and sportsman.
- He was a four-time BJP legislator (MLA) in the Rajasthan State legislative Assembly.
- He was a member of the 13th and 14th Lok Sabha from 1999 to 2004 and 2004 to 2009 respectively. In July 2010, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha.
- He had served as the chairman of the special task force to rehabilitate tigers in Sariska (Rajasthan) from 2005-09.
- He was also a member of the empowered committee of forests and wildlife management in Rajasthan.