West Bengal government launches Utkarsh Bangla Scheme
West Bengal government has launched the Utkarsh Bangla Scheme with an aim of providing vocational training to school dropouts.
The scheme was launched by the Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata. On this occasion, she also released a book on Utkarsh Bangla.
Key features of scheme
- Objective of the scheme is to give vocational training to school dropouts by providing training ranging from 400 to 1200 hours free of charge.
- Under this scheme, beneficiaries will be trained in driving, tailoring, repairing television and other electronic equipment’s, beautician courses etc.
- On completion the courses beneficiaries will be given Certificates would be given to those
- The state Vocational Education Department will nodal agency in charge of implementing the scheme.
- The syllabus for courses under this scheme has been made in line with the National Vocational Education Qualification Framework.