West Indies wins ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2016
West Indies for the first time has won the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup by defeating three time champions India by five wickets played at Mirpur (Bangladesh).
In the final match West Indies team achieved the target of 146 runs set by India in in 49.3 overs. Earlier in the first inning, Indian team was bowled out for 145 in 45.1 overs.
- Man of the match: Keacy Carty (West Indies)
- Player of the tournament: Mehidy Hasan Miraz (Bangladesh)
ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2016
- This was the 11th edition of the tournament and overall 17th edition of international U-19 cricketing teams participated.
- It was held in Bangladesh. Indian side was captained by Ishan Kishan.
- Top five cricket teams in the Under-19 cricket world cup: West Indies, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
- It was fifth time India was playing in the Under-19 World Cup final. West Indies was appearing for the second time in the final match.
Categories: Sports Current Affairs 2018