What is e-tailing ?
e-tailing = electronic retailing
- selling of retail goods on the Internet.
- e-tailing or "virtual storefronts" on Web sites with online catalogs, sometimes gathered into a "virtual mall"
- Online shopping or online retailing is a form of electronic commerce
- Consumers directly buy goods or services from a seller over the Internet without an intermediary service.
- The largest online retailing corporations are E-Bay and Amazon.com, both of which are US-based.
- e-tailing has resulted in the development of software tools for creating online catalogs and managing the business connected with doing e-tailing. These are known as e-tailware.
e-commerce (electronic commerce or EC)
buying and selling of goods and services on the Internet.
- In practice, terms , e-commerce and e-business, are often used interchangeably.
- For online retail selling, the term e-tailing is sometimes used.
e-commerce can be divided into:
- Gathering and use of demographic data through Web contacts
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the business-to-business exchange of data
- e-mail and fax and their use as media for reaching prospects and established customers (for example, with newsletters)
- Business-to-business buying and selling
- The security of business transactions