Women’s history pioneer Gerda Lerner died
Gerda Lerner (92), a groundbreaker in the field of women’s history and founding member of the National Organization for Woman, passed away.
- Was a historian, author and teacher
- Was one of the founders of the field of women’s History.
- Was a former president of the Organization of American Historians.
- Played a key role in the development of women’s history curricula.
- Taught what is considered to be the first women’s history course in the world at the New School for Social Research in 1963.