Xi proposes 5-point formula to boost ties with India
The newly elected President of China Xi Jinping held that the resolution of the boundary dispute b/w India and China “won’t be easy” and pending its final settlement “peace and tranquility” should be maintained on the border without affecting the overall relationships.
India asserts that the border dispute covered about 4,000 km, while China claims that it confined to about 2,000 km to the area of Arunachal Pradesh, which it refers as Southern Tibet.
Xi proposed 5-point formula to improve ties with India:
- China and India should maintain strategic communication and keep the bilateral relations on the “right track”.
- Both nations should tap each other’s comparative strengths and expand win-win cooperation in infrastructure, mutual investment and other areas.
- Both countries should strengthen cultural ties and constantly increase the mutually expanding friendship between the two countries.
- The two countries should expand coordination and collaboration in multi-lateral foray to jointly safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of developing countries and tackle global challenges.
- Both should accommodate each other’s core concerns and properly handle problems and differences existing between the two countries.