Yoga Science Meet, Farmers Science Congress held at Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru
The Indian Science Congress was inaugurated by PM Modi on January 3, 2020. On the sidelines of the event, the Farmers Science Congress was conducted for the first time. The event also witnessed the Yoga Science Meet.
Farmers Science Congress
The Farmers Science congress was conducted for the first time in 107-year history of the Indian Science Congress. The event highlighted importance of innovational practices in agriculture. The conference is significant as the current era is shifting from becoming self-sufficient in production to nutritional security. The importance of programmes such as ARYA were stressed at the event.
ARYA is Attracting and Retaining of Youth in Agriculture. It is being implemented by the ICAR. The programme aims at bringing the youth under Agriculture sector. This is to prevent the increase in migration of youth from rural areas to urban. It also aims at making them entrepreneurs by empowering them to take up agriculture and its allied services to gain employment.
Till now around 5,000 youths have been brought under the programme.
The event also stressed upon the following
- Development of nano-fertilizers and nano-pesticides by ICAR in order to promote organic farming.
- Around 56 models of integrated farming have been developed that will be promoted by NABARD and linked to rural development programmes.
- Farmers Innovation Centres and Innovation Funds are to be set up.
The Farmer Science Congress was held under 3 different themes namely.
- Farmers innovation on integrated agriculture and entrepreneurship to double farmers’ income
- Climate change, bio-diversity, conservation.
- Agrarian distress, farmers empowerment and rural bio-entrepreneurship.
Yoga Science Meet
The Yoga Science Meet was organised on January 6, 2020. The meet discussed how Yoga helps insulate from diseases. Also, the meet explained yoga postures and therapies.
Categories: Important Days and Events